By Megan Burns, Work Experience Student at Specialist Joinery Group
Megan Burns, a student of Sperrin Integrated College, Magherafelt joined the team at Specialist Joinery Group for her work experience week. Megan is passionate about pursuing a career in business and marketing and was really keen to learn how Specialist Joinery Group manage customer experience and perfect delivery of their projects from concept to completion.
We walked Megan through the factory and our business processes to develop her understanding of “how” projects are delivered. During this, she had the opportunity to meet many members of the team. “Everyone was really friendly and keen to engage with me, taking time to explain their role and projects that they are currently delivering.”
We asked Megan what she felt makes our team successful. In summary, her key observation was a happy team environment. On her walk around, Megan observed a happy team, good interaction and communication. Building on this theme and thinking about customer service Megan believes that a happy and inspired team will go that extra mile to ensure that the client experiences great service.
We asked Megan to create a top ten of inspirational Customer Service quotes to motivate and inspire our team to continue their client focus.
Megan’s Top Ten Inspirational Customer Service Quotes!
- We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. ~ Jeff Bezos
- The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary. ~ Sam Walton
- Spend a lot of time talking to customers face to face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers. ~Ross Perot
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echos are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
- Good service is good business. ~ Siebel Ad
- Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them. ~ Kevin Stirtz
- He profits most who serves best. ~ Arthur F. Sheldon
- The purpose of a business is to create a customer who creates customers. ~ Shiv Singh
- Your best customers leave quite an impression. Do the same and they won’t leave at all ~ SAP Ad
- There are no traffic jams along the extra mile. ~ Roger Staubach
After completing a piece of Business Studies coursework on Specialist Joinery Group, I really wanted to learn more about the business and every aspect of what the company does. Marketing is my passion, so I was really pleased to gain experience working with their Marketing Team. It has given me a real insight to what they do on a daily basis and the sort of activities that they undertake.
The key thing that I have learnt during my time is, how important it is to have a strong relationship with your customer. The marketing team are constantly in contact with the customer, finding new ways to collaborate with them and provide inspiration for the use of Specialist Joinery Group’s products.
“Megan’s Bio – I am Megan Burns; I am student at Sperrin Integrated College currently studying A Levels, ICT, Moving Image Arts and Business Studies. Once I finish at Sperrin College it is my goal to study Marketing at University. In my spare time I enjoy playing the piano as it is a welcome distraction from the stress of school work. I also love to play sports. This has helped me develop good team work and cooperation skills.”