What is a break out area?
A break out area describes any space open to employees or visitors that is separate from their usual working area. It can be a place for employees to relax, eat their lunch and even hold informal meetings. Giving your staff a break from a computer screen also complies with health and safety laws which require staff to take frequent breaks from their work stations when computers are being used.
Why does my office need a break out area?
Breakout areas help organisations build a successful workplace strategy by integrating the key elements of space design and information technology to create a more productive environment where creativity and new ideas flow.
Does the size of my organisation matter?
Whether your office is 1,500 square meters or 15,000 square meters, breakout spaces are integral to an energised, creative workplace. Giving employees casual areas to collaborate and brainstorm or even just a short break from their computer screen is crucial to their productivity and well-being. Specialist Joinery group have extensive experience in delivering bespoke breakout areas for well renowned clients across the UK that are specifically tailored to reflect company core values and ideals.
Benefits of workplace breakout areas
- Promotes productivity.
- Increases creativity.
- Brings a social factor to the office.
- Improves employee wellness and reduces stress levels ( this will lead to improved company morale and minimise sick days).
Why not talk to a member of our fantastic design team about developing a bespoke workplace breakout area for your new office! We will be happy to share our expertise in prestige office fit outs and workplace strategy projects.
Considerations for your project:
- What areas in the new space will you need to get the most out of your teams? (Incorporation of quiet spaces, technology integrated furniture etc).
- How can the office design help improve productivity? (Use of innovative storage solutions, communication tools etc).
- What amenities do you want to provide? (Deciding on the right coffee machine for your workforce , smart office options such as zip taps may be an idea).
- How would you like to highlight your brand? (Branded furniture or colour themes can be a subtle way to convey your corporate identity).