Specialist Joinery Group ensuring Environmental Excellence
At Specialist Joinery Group, we have a companywide strategy to protect our environment. The use of renewable energy has been at the heart of this strategy.
Some of our key actions include:
- We only use electricity from certified renewable sources. The Installation of our Solar Panel System generates 50% of our electricity
- The remainder of our electricity comes from renewable Energy with expected annual consumption of approximately 900,000kWh, and a grid CO2 intensity of approx. 400g/kWh, the CO2 reduction should be around 360,000kg / year .
- We operate a Mawera Biomass Burner to process all waste from the factory, which heats our workplace and assists with the operation of machinery.
- We have a heat recovery system to harness waste heat in the manufacturing process.
- We own and maintain over 100 acres of forestry in County Fermanagh.
- Woodland Trust Donation/Sponsorship – Planting of Trees in 2019
Other actions that ensure our sustainable manufacturing include:
- Accreditations ISO14001, FORS, Waste Carriers
- FSC Certification
- PEFC Certification
- ZERO Waste to Landfill.
- ZERO Single use plastic.
- ZERO Environmental Incidents.
- ZERO Harm
- Operate a sustainable procurement policy and comply with EUTR.
- Business operations are monitored against our environmental code and carbon tracking.
- Only use Formaldehyde Free Products.
- We offer Low VOC/Water Based Paints, Stains, Lacquers
- All projects benefit from an environmental plan and Waste Reduction Strategy.
- Our Supply chain adopt our policies and exemplify the same level of excellence.
- We develop software to analyse efficiencies and reduce waste within our business.
- Packaging material is recycled.
- We invest in the latest and most efficient machinery available within our profession.
- We have intelligent lighting throughout the business to minimise energy consumption.
- Our fleet exemplifies the best in class vehicle emission, and we use planning software to plan our journeys.
- We are committed to enhancing biodiversity with our Headquarters campus and beyond.
- We operate the cycle to work scheme.
- We have a Dust Extraction and BEAM Vacuum system to reduce & eliminate dust in the facilities.
Into the Future:
We are always looking into the future and planning other ways that we can help the environment. Other plans we have going forward include; Bee Farming, an extension to our Solar Panel System and development of other factories will be heated with a similar Wood waste Boiler System.
Make an enquiry
For more information please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.